Skills on the Move: Migrants in the Survey of Adult Skills
Migration has been at the centre of political debate across the OECD in recent years. Drawing on data from the OECD Survey of Adult Skills (PIAAC), this report provides new evidence on differences in migrants’ characteristics and contexts and considers how these relate to the skills migrants possess. It also examines the relationship between migrants’ skills and their labour and non-labour market outcomes in host countries. Finally, it sheds new light on how migrants’ skills are developed, used and valued in host country labour markets and societies. Results and lessons gleaned from analysis highlight the way forward for future research on this topic. The report represents an invaluable resource for policy makers across different sectors as they design and implement strategies aimed at promoting the long-term integration of foreign-born populations in the economic and social life of their countries. The analyses presented allow us to identify the skill composition of foreign-born populations, the labour market and broader social outcomes associated with such skills, and the factors that can promote skill acquisition and skill use.
|Year of publication||Oct, 2018|
|Publisher||Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Paris|
|Website / Document||Visit|
Nieuwsbrief week 45 - 2018
- Quality of life: Social insecurities and resilience, 2018. H. Dubois, T. Leončikas.
- Skills on the Move: Migrants in the Survey of Adult Skills, 2018. OECD.
- Belgian temporary workers at end of working life: an intersectional lifecourse analysis, 2018. N. Burnay.
- Work must pay: Does it? Precarious employment and employment motivation for low-income households, 2018. L. Trlifajová, J. Hurrle.
- The Road to Permanent Work in Italy, 2018. M. Giovanna Bosco, E. Valeriani.
- Beloning van flexwerkers, 2018. O. Skriabikova, W. Smits.
- Verdringing op de arbeidsmarkt, beschrijving en beleving, 2018. W. van den Berge, J. Ebregt, J. Zweerink, M. de Graaf-Zijl.
- Aanpak schijnconstructies en cao-naleving 2014 - 2018, 2018. Inspectie SZW.
- Publiek-private samenwerking en gegevensuitwisseling in het kader van de Wet aanpak schijnconstructies, 2018. I. Messoussi.
- Blockchain en de toekomst van de organisatie, 2018. S. Dhondt.