Employment and working conditions of selected types of platform work
Platform work is a form of employment that uses an online platform to match the supply of and demand for paid labour. In Europe, platform work is still small in scale but is rapidly developing. The types of work offered through platforms are ever-increasing, as are the challenges for existing regulatory frameworks. This report explores the working and employment conditions of three of the most common types of platform work in Europe. For each of these types, Eurofound assesses the physical and social environment, autonomy, employment status and access to social protection, and earnings and taxation based on interviews with platform workers. A comparative analysis of the regulatory frameworks applying to platform work in 18 EU Member States accompanies this review. This looks into workers’ employment status, the formal relationships between clients, workers and platforms, and the organisation and representation of workers and platforms.
|Author(s)||W.P. de Groen, Z.L. Kilhoffer, K. Lenaerts, I. Mandl|
|Year of publication||Sep, 2018|
|Website / Document||Visit|
Nieuwsbrief week 41 - 2018
- Job Insecurity and Well-being in Rich Democracies, 2018. A.L. Kalleberg.
- Employment and working conditions of selected types of platform work, 2018. W.P. de Groen, Z.L. Kilhoffer, K. Lenaerts, I. Mandl.
- Well-Being and Mental Health in the Gig Economy: Policy Perspectives on Precarity, 2018. S.-A. Gross, G. Musgrave, L. Janciute.
- State Dependence and Labor Market Transitions in the European Union, 2018. R. Duhautois, C. Erhel, M. Guergoat-Larivière.
- The Oxford Hanbook of Job Loss and Job Search, 2018. U.T. Klehe, E.A.J. van Hooft.
- Als werk weinig opbrengt, 2018. C. Vrooman, E. Josten, S. Hoff, L. Putman, J.M. Wildeboer Schut.
- De no-riskpolis in kaart gebracht, 2018. UWV.
- Publieke belangen in de deel- en kluseconomie, 2018. K. Frenken, A. van Waes, M. Smink, R. van Est.
- Jaarrapport Wsw-statistiek 2017, 2018. E. Flapper, I. Harteveld, P. Fris.
- Beroepsziekten in Cijfers 2018, 2018. H. van der Molen, P. Kuijer, G. de Groene, J. Bakker, B. Sorgdrager, A. Lenderink, J. Maas, T. Brand.