Behavioural study on the effects of an extension of access to social protection for people in all forms of employment
The perception of the growth and policy relevance of Non-Standard Work (NSW) can be gauged by the exponential growth of the literature dealing with this topic in the past years. NSW has increased in political and societal relevance ever since the second half of the 1990s. National and international level policy makers have liberalised labour markets, reduced passive labour market policies (unemployment benefits) and increased Active Labour Market Policies (ALMPs) aiming at providing employers more flexibility and integrating more people into the labour market. As a result, the literature on the effects of labour market and welfare state institutions on the prevalence of NSW has burgeoned.
Since 2015, the emergence of the new forms of work offered by online labour platforms is fuelling the debate on social protection of precarious workers and ‘bogus self-employment’. This study gathers evidence in support of the European Commission initiative aiming at providing adequate social protection regardless the type of employment contract.
|Author(s)||C. Codagnone, F. Lupiáñez-Villanueva, P. Tornese, G. Gaskell, G. Veltri, J. Vila, Y. Franco, S. Vitiello, A. Theben, P. Ortoleva, V. Cirillo, M. Fana|
|Year of publication||Mar, 2018|
|Publisher||European Commission, Brussels|
|Website / Document||Visit|
- Digitalisation, hiring and personnel policy: evidence from a representative business survey, 2018. A. Warning, E. Weber.
- Worker Representation and Temporary Employment in Germany: The Deployment and Extent of Fixed-Term Contracts and Temporary Agency Work, 2018. J.T. Addison, P. Teixeira, P. Grunau, L. Bellmann.
- Behavioural study on the effects of an extension of access to social protection for people in all forms of employment, 2018. C. Codagnone, F. Lupiáñez-Villanueva, P. Tornese, G. Gaskell, G. Veltri, J. Vila, Y. Franco, S. Vitiello, A. Theben, P. Ortoleva, V. Cirillo, M. Fana.
- Relative deprivation of temporary agency workers in the public sector: The role of public service motivation and the possibility of standard employment, 2018. H.‐J. Jung, S.‐C. Noh, I. Kim.
- Employment patterns and family satisfaction in Europe: do welfare and labour market policies intervene? 2018. P. Böhnke, I. Valdés Cifuentes,.
- Factsheet uitzendwerk, 2017. UWV.
- Platformwerkers verdienen meer! 2018. E. Verhulp.
- Het voorstel ter herziening van de Detacheringsrichtlijn: een tussenstand, 2018. I.S.H. Janssen.
- Uber: online dienst of vervoersbedrijf? Europese grenzen aan regulering van online platforms, 2018. M.R. Botman.
- Kansen van technologie voor arbeidsparticipatie, 2018. UWV.