20 Years in the world of work: A study of (nonstandard) occupational trajectories and health
Longitudinal research emphasizes that nonstandard (i.e., temporary contracts, part-time and multiple jobs) and discontinuous occupational trajectories (i.e., intermittent unemployment or inactivity) are associated with lower levels of mental health. A branch of this research highlights, over many years of observation the importance of the time of exposure to nonstandard occupational trajectories as a social determinant of health. However, the timing of the observed period and the multidimensionality of nonstandard occupational trajectories have been highly neglected.
In this study, we analyze the Swiss Household Panel data, which used a life historycalendar to collect occupational trajectories across the lifespan. The data included the trajectories of 5690 initially healthy Swiss residents and were used to reconstruct the occupational trajectories during the first 20 working years.
|Author(s)||F. Giudici, D. Morselli|
|Year of publication||Mar, 2019|
|Journal||Social Science & Medicine|
|Website / Document||Visit|
Recently added publications
- Regulating uncertainty: variable work schedules and zero-hour work in EU employment policy, 2019. A. Piasna.
- Rising to the youth employment challenge: New evidence on key policy issues, 2019. N. O'Higgins.
- Business, labour and the costs of welfare state development, 2019. D. Oude Nijhuis.
- Do social networks mitigate stigma effects from long-term unemployment? 2019. M. Rebien.
- Global Entrepreneurship Monitor the Netherlands 2018, 2019. J. de Kok, P. van der Zeijden, B. Kruithof, A. van Stel, A. van der Graaf, J. Snijders.
- Loonkostenverschillen bij detachering binnen de EU, 2019. N. Aipassa, L. van Dantzig, G. Homburg.
- Inventarisatie regionale dienstverlening aan werkzoekenden, 2019. P. Schenderling, A. van Rossum, B. Berkhout.
- Algoritmische discriminatie in het arbeidsrecht, 2018. M. Jovović.
- Sleutelen aan de WW: werkt dat? 2019. M. von Bergh.
- Regionale Trendrapportage Banenafspraak - Eerste kwartaal 2019, 2019. UWV.