The influence of independent contractors on organizational effectiveness: A review
The use of independent contractors has steadily increased over the past two decades. However, relatively little research has examined contractors' effectiveness and the studies that do often report contradictory findings of contractors' value. The inconsistent findings result from the broad definition of effectiveness employed in these studies, stretched across various types of nonstandard workers (including contract, part-time, seasonal, and temporary work) and both individual- and firm-levels of analysis. Thus, the purpose of this qualitative review is to untangle the empirical findings on contractor effectiveness for both workers and firms.
|Author(s)||C. Flinchbaugh, M. Zare, C. Chadwick, P. Li, S. Essman|
|Year of publication||Feb, 2019|
|Journal||Human Resource Management Review|
|Website / Document||Visit|
Recently added publications
- Youth Labor in Transition. Inequalities, Mobility, and Policies in Europe, 2019. J. O'Reilly, J. Leschke, R. Ortlieb, M. Seeleib-Kaiser, P. Villa (Eds.).
- Balancing flexibility and security in Europe? The impact of unemployment on young peoples’ subjective well-being, 2019. H. Russell, J. Leschke, M. Smith.
- Youth unemployment and employment trajectories in Spain during the Great Recession: what are the determinants? 2019. J.M. Verd, O. Barranco, M. Bolíbar.
- The decline in middle-skilled employment in 12 European countries: New evidence for job polarisation, 2019. C. Peugny.
- 20 Years in the world of work: A study of (nonstandard) occupational trajectories and health, 2019. F. Giudici, D. Morselli.
- Trends in kwaliteit van de arbeid van flexibele en vaste werknemers en multi-jobbers, 2019. K. Kraan, S. Verbiest.
- Nationale Enquête Arbeidsomstandigheden 2018, 2019. W.E. Hooftman, G.M.J. Mars, B. Janssen, E.M.M. de Vroome, B.J.M. Janssen, A.J.S.F. Pleijers, M.M.M.J. Ramaekers, S.N.J. van den Bossche.
- Balanceren met detacheren, 2018. J.H. Even.
- Toegang tot leven lang leren versnelt economische groei, 2019. S.J. Cabus.
- Werkloze ouderen weer aan het werk? Het effect van reserveringsloon en zoekintensiteit, 2019. J.D. Vlasblom, J. Schippers.