For the sake of security. The future of flexible workers and the modern organisation of labour
The number of people who have a permanent job is decreasing while insecurity on the labour market is increasing. In the Netherlands, a growing number of people are working on temporary contracts: the number of self-employed workers is rising and many aspects of the way work is organised are changing. Another trend is hybridisation, resulting in new combinations and hybrid forms of work. At the same time, many stake holders and bodies are worried that flexibilisation is going too far.
Returing to the past is not an option and also not desirable; there are no easy answers. However, the government, the business community, employers' and employees' organisations and citizens all have an influence on the way we work. The aim should be to organise the flexible labour market in such a way that it is consistent with the economy and society that we want and, at the same time, provide flexible workers with greater security.
|Author(s)||M. Kremer, R. Went, A. Knottnerus (Eds.)|
|Year of publication||May, 2017|
|Publisher||The Netherlands Scientific Council for Government Policy, The Hague|
|Website / Document||Visit|
Recently added publications
- The platform economy and social law: Key issues in comparative perspective, 2019. I. Daugareilh, C. Degryse, P. Pochet.
- Critiquing the OECD’s Employment Protection Legislation Index for individual dismissals: The importance of procedural requirements, 2019. M. Harcourt, G. Gall, A.S. Raman, H. Lam, R. Croucher.
- Is Profit Sharing Productive? A Meta‐Regression Analysis, 2019. H. Doucouliagos, P. Laroche, D.L. Kruse, T. D. Stanley.
- Input to the Netherlands Independent Commission on the Regulation of Work, 2019. OECD.
- Labour Law and Welfare Systems in an Era of Demographic, Technological, and Environmental Changes, 2019. M. Tiraboschi.
- Zelfstandigen Enquête Arbeid 2019, 2019. CBS, TNO.
- Zijn platformcoöperaties levensvatbaar? 2019. M. Arets, K. Frenken.
- Minder maatschappelijke participatie bij onzeker werk, 2019. F. Dekker.
- Integratie door werk: meer kansen op werk voor nieuwkomers, 2019. SER.
- Een stapsgewijze vaststelling van de categorie uitwisselbare functies, 2019. R. Rietveld, K. van Haaren.