Job security matters: A systematic review and meta-analysis of the relationship between job security and work attitudes
This article synthesizes public and private sector accumulated research regarding the relationship between job security and employee work attitudes (i.e., job satisfaction and organizational commitment). The present meta-analysis of 37 studies (including 45 independent samples) shows that the medium-sized associations between job security and each work attitude variables (i.e., job satisfaction and organizational commitment) were found, with true score correlations (ρ) of .327 for job satisfaction, and .253 for organizational commitment. These results highlight the significance of job security at the workplace, in shaping and enhancing attitudes of employee and job security is worth retaining in some form in the public sector, contrary to the logic of at-will employment. This meta-analysis findings also call attention to several important considerations for developing effective public job security policy.
|Year of publication||Mar, 2019|
|Journal||Journal of Management & Organization|
|Website / Document||Visit|
Newsletter Woche 14 - 2019
- Benchmarking Working Europe 2019, 2019. ETUI.
- Job security matters: A systematic review and meta-analysis of the relationship between job security and work attitudes, 2019. H. Hur.
- Inequalities in employment rates among older men and women in Canada, Denmark, Sweden and the UK, 2019. A. McAllister, L. Bentley, H. Brønnum-Hansen, N.K. Jensen, L. Nylen, I. Andersen, Q. Liao, T. Bodin, C. Mustard, B. Burström.
- Becoming a ‘Labour Migrant’: Immigration Regulations as a Frame of Reference for Migrant Employment, 2019. J. Könönen.
- Statistical profiling in public employment services, 2019. OECD.
- Uitstroom uit flexbanen. Invloed van persoonlijke factoren, werkkenmerken en contracttype, 2019. R. Goldbach, A. van Drongelen, H. van de Ven, K. Putnik, I. Eekhout, S. van den Bossche, A. Goudswaard.
- De arbeidsmarkt in 2019, 2019. UWV.
- Arbeidsmarkttransities van immigranten in België, 2018. D. Lens, J. Oslejová.
- Stromen Oost-Europese arbeidsmigranten vaker de WW in dan Nederlandse werknemers? 2019. UWV.
- De platformeconomie en het ondernemingsrecht: time for change? 2019. B. Kemp, A.S. Renshof.